Thyme Deli is a deli, cafe & cookshop in Horwich, Bolton. We aim to bring an extensive range of quality ingredients to Horwich. We love local but also stock a good range of British, Spanish & Italian products. Our cafe menu uses the great quality ingredients available in the deli, cooked with love and served with a smile. Thyme also sells a range of cookware, utensils and aprons for keen cooks.
We hope to see you soon.
This week Thyme will become a teenager. I can't believe it has been 13 years since i first opened my doors.
We are lucky to have such fantastic customers and look forward to the next 13 years!
Here are 13 things you may not know about Thyme……
1. All the products you see on our menu can be bought in our deli - we love fantastic quality produce and this is a great way to try before you buy.
2. The Thyme team make all our soups, salads, quiche, frittata, carrot cake, brownies, flapjacks and much more.
3. We have an outside seating area (at the back) - well it's a yarden, and a proper sun trap too.
4. Our hot chocolates are made with Montezumas organic 64% chocolate - they take time to make but they are worth it.
5. The BBC have filmed a live breakfast show from here.
6. Some of our deli products have come & gone but others have been here since the beginning - including Cartmel sticky toffee puds, local cheeses, Olives et al products, Patchwork pate & Tracklements chutneys.
7. We have lots of lovely local honey in stock, year round.
8. We don't just sell food, we also sell cookware and gifts, including handmade cards.
9. The building used to be part of a hotel - Thyme was the bar!
10. Our breakfasts can cure a hangover (allegedly)
11. We make up gift hampers all year round not just for Christmas.
12. We have board games for you to while away the afternoon…or just keep the kids occupied.
13. Yes we can do decaff, soy, skinny, gluten free, vegan.
Thanks for visiting and we hope to see you soon, Amanda & the Thyme Team
Eventually the weather will get warmer and we are ready - with a couple of new additions to our menu.
Try a falafel, houmous & chilli jam wrap, or a chicken caesar wrap - both are also available as a salad for a lighter option.
When the sun comes out you can enjoy your lunch in our 'garden'. Hidden away at the back it's a real sun trap.
We're also stocking the tartlets from Tom's pies (don't worry the pies are still available). There are 3 flavours to choose from - red onion & gruyere, butternut squash & blue cheese, or ham and sun blush tomato. We will be selling these in the cafe served with our homemade potato salad, and coleslaw, or pick up some to take home
We are now stocking the new flavour from Fentimann's - lime and jasmine, watch out for new San Pelligrino flavours soon too
We have lots of lovely local honey in stock - all ready for the hay fever season.
Our last order date this year to order your Patchwork pate will be on Monday 7th December. So if you have a favourite and would like to make sure we stock it please get your order to us by then. Our last order date for Cartmel sticky toffee puds and Bray's pork pies is also Monday 7th December.
We will have stock of these products after that date but cannot guarantee which sizes or flavours will be left in stock.
We have a delivery of (frozen) nut roasts arriving on 2nd December. There are 3 flavours - garlic and herb, chestnut & cranberry, sun dried tomato. These will serve 2 and cost £3.60 each.
We have a selection of festive cheese in stock - lancashire bombs plain whisky port and apple chilli garlic and herb red onion
We are also expecting a delivery of Cropwell Bishop stilton in jars on 2nd December along with some flavoured wensleydales (winter warmer, cranberry, bucks fizz)
As it's now December our Christmas club sandwich is back on the cafe menu along with a few other seasonal sandwiches,mince pies, seasonal cakes and of course gingerbread lattes.
For those of you who joined us at tasting evening (thanks for coming) - the jalapeño mushroom marmalade is now back in stock, and the torta is due to arrive on Thursday 3rd December.
Montezumas hot chocolate is due to arrive on friday 4th December.
We have some great gift ideas in stock including a tea selection box & a kit to cure your own bacon - these are proving popular as presents (especially for men). We will be open for late night shopping along with the other shops in Horwich on Thurs 10th Dec til 8pm Thurs 17th Dec til 8pm - there will also be a treasure hunt around Horwich on this evening with some great prizes to be won.